Just Bike Hire in Suffolk
Since 1991, we’ve been providing bike hire in Suffolk from our premises in Needham Market. Renting out good quality bicycles has been an integral part of our cycling holiday offering since this time and over recent years, we have added great electric bikes to our fleet.
Now, from our Suffolk base, you can just rent the bikes, if that is what you would prefer.
About our Suffolk Bike Rental Fleet
We offer good quality adult hybrid bicycles from Dawes and Claud Butler and also have youth and child bikes from Squish available for hire in Suffolk. All bikes are well-maintained by our expert team in our workshop, and mechanically checked and adjusted before each and every hire. This is why the price difference between 1 and 2 day hire periods is not significant.
We also have a number of Pedal Assist Electric bikes (from Sparta and Whisper) available for bike hire in Suffolk. Please note that these can only be reserved a maximum 7 days in advance for July and August hires, as we hold these primarily for customers taking our fully packaged Cycle Breaks cycling holidays.
Gents & Ladies Bikes for Hire in Suffolk
Youth/Child & Electric Bikes for Hire in Suffolk
Our Suffolk Bike Hire Fleet – Information Table
|Bike make||Type||Frame type||Frame Size||Wheel size||Puncture resistant tyres?||Suspension fork?||No. of gears|
|Adult||Claud Butler / Dawes||hybrid||cross-bar||23″/20″/18″||700mm||Yes||Yes||24|
1 or 2
|Adult||Whisper 705 torque
Our Bike Hire in Suffolk – 2023 Charges
- 24 /21 speed hybrid bicycle (adult bike) with front suspension fork, luggage rack and puncture resistant tyres (22” frame without suspension fork)
- pump, basic tool kit, spare tube and puncture repair kit (one per party or per every two bikes as required)
- 1 lock per bike
- 1 helmet per bike (ON REQUEST)
- handlebar bag or ‘top bag’ per bike or ‘bungee’ straps
- notes and maps for a selection of circular rides from Alder Carr Farm, Needham Market
- free parking at Alder Carr Farm, Needham Market
Available at additional cost:
- panniers – £3 per bag per day
- delivery and collection – please ask.
|1 Day||2 Days||3 Days||4 Days||5 Days||6 days||7 Days|
|Youth/Child bikes or trailers||£14.00||£19.00||£22.50||£26.00||£29.00||£32.50||£36.50|
Booking Procedure & Payments
All bike hire only bookings are subject to the bike hire booking conditions below.
All bookings must be made in advance – minimum 24 hours (but the earlier, the better) *
Please call 01449 721555
To accept the booking, we require the following details:
- Bikes required – information regarding the heights of each rider and frame preference (i.e. cross-bar or step-through)
- Arrival date, approximate time on that day when the bikes are required and the length of hire
- Contact and credit card details
- 30% deposit – taken at the time of booking (non-refundable)
- Please note that a booking is not accepted until we have confirmed it in writing (by email)
- The balance must be paid on a weekday and no later than 72 hours prior to collection/delivery
On arrival, we require the following:
- Proof of ID – photo ID (driving licence / passport)
- Your credit card details and authorisation for a refundable security deposit.
* Please note that the Pedal Assist Electric bikes can only be reserved a maximum 7 days in advance for hire periods during July and August.
Cycle Breaks Bike Hire – Opening Hours
Weekdays: 0930-1700 (Please remember bikes need be pre-booked to ensure that they are ready for use!)
Weekends: By appointment only.
Booking Conditions – Bike Hire Only
Please read this carefully before making your booking.
It sets out your agreement with us and contains important terms and conditions.
1. The agreement
Your agreement with us (“the agreement”) only comes into effect when we have received your signed booking form or telephone or email instructions together with your deposit and we have issued confirmation of your booking (either written or verbal).
The agreement is made in England and is governed in all respects by English law. Any disputes arising from this agreement will be dealt with exclusively by the Courts of England and Wales.
2. Damage to or theft of your hire bike
Please note that we will ask for reimbursement in the case of any damage (beyond fair wear and tear) to or theft of your hire bicycle. In the event of theft or damage, you agree to us making reasonable charges to the payment card used to secure your booking.
3. Booking & Cancellation
At the time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit of 30%. The balance payment is due no later than 72 hours before collection/delivery of the bike(s).
If you need to cancel your booking, please advise us as soon as possible. Cancellation charges are as follows:
More than 48 hours – deposit only;
Less than 48 hours – the greater of deposit only or 100% of two days hire charge.
4. Dealing with problems
If you have a problem whilst using the supplied equipment, you should report it immediately to us, so that the matter can be put right. Any ensuing complaints should be notified to us as soon as reasonably practical and in any event put in writing to our office within 14 days of the end of your hire .
4.2 Liability for injury or loss
We will not be liable for any injury or loss suffered by you except in the following circumstances:
- 1. Death or personal injury caused by the negligence of us, our employees, agents or suppliers provided they were at the time carrying out work authorised by us;
- 2. Misrepresentation made by us, our employees, agents or suppliers provided they were at the time carrying out work authorised by us;
- 3. Breach of our contractual duty to exercise due diligence in making arrangements for your booking/hire and for consequential loss arising from any such breach.
- 4. Failure to provide contractual services which are adequate or are of a reasonable standard.
5. Email Communications
In addition to emails concerned with the administration of your booking (including the collection of feedback) , we will ask if we can add your details to our email list so that we can send you details of new developments and special offers. We will send no more than eight marketing emails annually, each of which will include a simple unsubscribe mechanism. We will not share your details with any other organisation.